Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Happy Turkey Day!!

Here are a few pictures...

Me and my boys...Oh how I love them!!

giving Daddy kisses

Give Mama a kiss?!...uh nope

From left, Ron(hey the camera's over here!!) Grammy, a very happy Uncle David, Aunt Peggy having a conversation with Kye, Me and Pop's...oh what a beautiful family!! Maybe next time we can ALL look at the camera! lol

BJ, my little love, and Melissa...Beej, you still look creepy.

Kevin, Booger and Aunt Debbie.

The Boy has discovered the stairs..and he LOVES them!
Grandpa went fishing so we're going to pretend he's on the left had side..that was his spot. I didn't know he was gone when I decided to do a pictures!!! Grandma, Pop, Me and the little star.
It was a great Thanksgiving! We got to spend it with both of our families! We usually split them up but, this year Grandma and Grandpa Knight hosted Thanksgiving on Saturday so we got double the fun..and double the food! Thursday we spent the day at my mom's. Everything turned out wonderfully, the food, the company...I could have done without football but, I guess it kinda comes with the day! That night Kye started to feel a little under the weather. Nothing too bad just some sniffling and a sneeze here and there. By Friday afternoon he was congested and coughing a little bit. He was still very active and happy so after a whole lot of discussion and a call to the doctor we decided to go ahead and make the trip to the Lake for the holiday weekend. After all it was Grandma and Grandpa's house! He didn't have a fever and we brought his nebulizer in case we needed it...and we did. The poor thing just got worse. He never got a fever but you could tell he didn't feel good. After his breathing treatments, he felt fine, running around, being his charming self but, when they wore off or he got tired, whew!! Daddy and I were a mess at times, running around, doing our best to make decisions on humidifiers (why are there so many to choose from!!! ugh), medicine, when and how much, etc... we were giving him his breathing treatments every 4-6 hours and one night, he was due at 2am. I can typically sneak his treatment while he's asleep but this night I was not so lucky. These treatments open up your airway and in turn crank up your heart rate and kinda make you jittery.We ended up staying up all night. I think I finally went to bed at 6-7am! Worse part was there were people sleeping in every room so we hung out in the laundry room! ha ha I don't think I have ever had nothing to do, no entertainment for that long...well except Kye who tried hard to go back to sleep over and over but couldn't. Poor thing...I mean me! lol
 All in all it was a great holiday. For the most part Kye was in good spirits and rarely fussy. He, Grandma and Grandpa had a ball! He showed them itsy bitsy spider,where his mouth is and how close he is to walking! All the adults played games well into the night and Aunt Doris swindled us all out of all our dough! That ok Aunt Doris, theres always Christmas...better bring your kitty!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment