Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Jan 11th

Just got back from seeing the Pulmologist. He said surgery is probably the best option but he wants to wait till the cold and flu season is over, in an effort to keep him out of the hospital and away from sickness for as long as possible. He's doing good so waiting till May isn't going to hurt him. After I explained the upper chest issue to him he seemed a little relieved. Before this he was kind of looking for a reason for the diaphragm paralyse. One theory was a muscle disorder, (yea, this was the first I heard this) but with this discovery it seems to be an isolated issue. Which is better. So...he wants to do some research, talk to a few other doctors, the surgeon, etc..and he's going to give us a call with more information or thoughts.

I'm pretty disappointed. He's the best in his field, or so I'm told, yet it seemed like he barely glanced at Kye's record before our appointment. As he entered the room he asked me who ordered the fluoroscope...ummm you did Doc. After I decided to stop filling him in on that particular discussion and move forward he asked why it was ordered...really??? I know I can't expect him to take a personal interest in my child. He has a lot of other kids to look after but dude, read the chart before I come in. Re-familiarize yourself with the case. Especially with one thats fairly rare, like my son's. We're trying to decide what our next move should be. I expected answers and all I got was more waiting. Very frustrated at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment