Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wed June 24

He Smiled at me today!!!!! Man do I love this little trouble maker!!! They let me change his diaper and hold him this afternoon. He was just as content as he could be. Eyes wide open and ‘looking’ around. I was telling him how adorable he is when all of a sudden he looked up and smiled from ear to ear, gums and everything! WOW!! My heart nearly exploded, it brought a tear to my eye. I could hardly believe it. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen in my life. I wanted nothing more then to squeeze him and kiss him all over his entire little body! I wish I could have gotten that on film, you would just die!
His breathing is going great! Oxygen level is awesome; he is still having trouble with the green stuff in his stomach. When I went to see him he spit some of it up. The nurse said it’s nothing to worry about. When they get the oxygen turned down, which they did one notch today, it’ll blow less into his lungs and will help the situation. They held off on feeding today to. Really though that’s just normal for a preemie so he’s doing fantastic!!!

Oh and he’s doing so well we get to Kangaroo him-it’s where they get skin to skin contact with the parents. We wear a button up shirt and open it so that they can lay him, in a diaper only, on our chest. It’s very therapeutic for both baby and parent. I think Zeke’s gonna get to do it tonight. Only one person can do it per night. I got to see a smile so it’s only fair. We won’t have to toss a coin to see who gets to go first.

3 comments:

  1. how cute!!!! that baby is soooooo loved.

    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! He's very special....

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post was super cute. He'll be big enough to go home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete